Saturday, August 1, 2015

Take Two!

And just like that, I jumped on the wagon and fell right off!
I had every intention of making this a habit, but life gets in the way and my good intentions are easily forgotten.
Over the last year our kiddos have finished second grade and kindergarten... We've grown a new summer garden and planted fruit trees... We briefly considered putting our house on the market to shop for something with a little more space... I've read a few good books... I became an Aunt for the first time and my kids got their very first FIRST cousin... We celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary!... I learned how to make soap from leftover hamburger grease (yep, you can totally do that!)... And we thoroughly established our weekly "Taco Tuesday" tradition. Other things happened, but those are a few of my favorite highlights. 
As we begin August, we are thankful for a chance to finally settle down from a summer that went by too quickly and gear up for another year of school. With a husband who is a student pastor, summer always goes by too quickly and honestly with very few opportunities for family time. Even with school starting and soccer gearing back up, fall is a bit more relaxing for us and gives us a chance to vacation as a family and re-charge for the next season.
I'm excited to have an opportunity to chronicle some of our family adventures on this little blog, as well as share some things that are new and on my heart lately. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment