Monday, June 23, 2014

Jumping on the blog wagon!

For a couple years now I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog. Not because I feel like I have anything awesome and amazing to share with the world, but because I want a fun way to keep a record of memories for my kiddos.
I have always loved to journal and keep a diary. Last fall we cleaned out our attic to make extra storage space (for the mountains of things you accumulate after almost a decade of marriage and nearly seven years raising babes) and I found boxes of diaries I had kept through the years beginning way back in middle school. It was amusing and embarrassing to read some of the entries, but there were several awesome bits I had to text to my dear friends so they could laugh with me (and at me). In all the sentimental attic goodies were several shoe boxes with things I had kept from big life events or just things I loved and wanted to hold on to and cherish. I safely tucked away things like my prom corsage, notes from friends in college, a couple Amy Grant cassette tapes (don't hate), and a IBC root beer bottle from my second first date with my hubby. 
Back in my pre-baby days I used to love to scrapbook. I quickly gave that up after our first was born and it took me a whole year to scrapbook pictures from the first two weeks of her life.
Although I do try to preserve and box up important little mementos for each of my kids, these days, I've traded in my scrapbooks and diaries for things like my Instagram account and the camera roll on my iPhone. The constant feed of family updates and daily pictures of whatever randomness happens in a day has become the best way to look back and see what our family has been up to. So, for years I've thought about blogging just for the sake of keeping a fun visual reminder of life that my kids can look back on as they grow up. I hope that it will serve as a reminder of some of the things we did as they grew up and help them understand some of the heart behind our family as they get older.
So, here it goes. Feel free to check up on our craziness anytime you feel so inclined!

Here's the most recent picture I have of all three of my wild things. It was taken about a week and a half ago when we went blackberry picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment